Tuesday 29 June 2010

Getting a German Visa is not easy..

UGH. I hate all of those looong legal processes. They're just a nightmare!

It all started 3 weeks ago when I went to the German Embassy to apply for my visa. Well, first of all, I had to fill in 2 applications IN German, but my knowledge of German is, literally, nothing! So after trying with about a dozen of applications, I completed them. I handed in my guarantee forms with the applications, my birth certificate and my passport, but they told me that I had to translate my birth certificate to German and also that I was missing a letter from my Rotary Club in Germany, so I had to go back home and e-mail my host club asking them for the letter. They replied really quickly and, about 10 days later, I received an e-mail from them with a copy of the letter attached. And last week a woman who speaks German translated my birth certificate, so I had everything I was missing and was ready to apply for my Visa.. or so I thought.

Finally, today I went once again to the German Embassy but, unlike the last time I'd gone, there was a lot of people who were also applying for a Visa, so it took us about half an hour to get in, and an hour or so to get attended. So I handed in all my papers, confident that everything was complete, but the woman that was attending me told me that my letter was missing a text that said it was based on the 84th and 86th articles or something like that, so basically I had to go back to my house (after wasting almost 2 hours waiting) and e-mail once again my host club.
Now I'm scared that I won't get my Visa on time! :/

2 comments:

  1. That must suck! I got lucky because I don't get my visa until I am there.

    I also must say that your English is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Reed!
    Yeah you're soo lucky! I wish I could get my Visa when I get there! But well I hope I can go next week and end with all of this soon haha.

    ReplyDelete