Friday 25 June 2010

Second host-family!

So today, after I woke up, I checked and I had a new e-mail, and it was from my second host-father! He told me that his family lives in Vierkirchen, a small village that's only 15km away from Dachau, and there are buses that leave every 20 minutes or so, so it won't be a problem going from one town to the other. I looked for it in Wikipedia, and it has a population of about 4000 people, which is a big change for me, since I live in a city with a population of about 24 million people. He also told me about the family: I will have 3 host-brothers: a 12-year-old, a 14-year-old, and a 16-year-old who will be on exchange in India, and a 3-year-old host-sister! It's going to be great to have younger siblings, since I only have an older sister, so I don't know what it's like to have a brother, and much less a younger one!

Church in Vierkirchen

So I think I'll only have 2 host-families, which is great, because that way I get to have more time with each family (about 5/6 months) and get to know them better.

Ahh, this is one of those moments when I just CAN'T wait to get there, but I still have so many things to do: get my Visa, buy the plane tickets, etc. I'll update probably next week when I go to get my Visa!

No comments:

Post a Comment